The Importance of Upgrade and Teacher's Courses in Aquatic Education
In this post, we'll be discussing the significance of upgrade and teacher's courses in aquatic education.
We'll delve into the purpose of these courses, the organization behind them, and their role in promoting water safety and swimming skills.
The Upgrade Course:
- The upgrade course is designed for teachers and coaches who already have qualifications in aquatic fields such as Red Cross or Royal Life.
- It introduces the program, covers important skills like strokes and turns, and provides a learning path for those looking to enhance their swimming instruction abilities.
- The program is developed and supported by ISCA, a reputable organization with 20 to 30 years of experience in the swimming industry.
- It is widely used in university programs, recreation programs, city programs, and private swim businesses.
Competitors and Alternatives:
- The program competes with city programs using Red Cross programs, but with a focus on advancing swimming skills rather than just water safety.
- It serves as a feeder program for swim clubs and other aquatic activities, providing a pathway for skill development and confidence building.
The You Can Teach Course:
- This course is geared towards young athletes or teenagers who show leadership potential and a desire to help their peers in swimming instruction.
- It focuses on developing leadership skills, goal setting, and planning, making it a valuable program for high school students.
H2O Aware Program:
- This program emphasizes water safety and addresses specific hazards based on seasonal changes, such as winter conditions and spring runoff.
- It aims to reduce the risk of injuries and drownings by educating individuals on safety measures when engaging in water activities.
- The BLAPT approach, standing for Body position, Legs, Arms, Pull, and Turn, is a coaching strategy that emphasizes making changes from the front and back to improve swimming techniques.
- It provides a structured framework for coaches and instructors to focus on specific areas of improvement in their students' swimming abilities.
Conclusion: The upgrade and teacher's courses offered by ISCA play a vital role in promoting water safety, enhancing swimming skills, and cultivating leadership abilities in young individuals. These programs are a valuable resource for teachers, coaches, and aquatic organizations looking to provide high-quality swimming instruction and promote safety in aquatic environments. Thank you for reading our blog post, and we hope you found this information valuable for your aquatic education endeavors. Stay tuned for more insightful content!