The Iowa City Eels has an excellent opportunity for a Head Coach!
The ideal candidate will continue to guide and grow a year-round age group aquatics program as well as promote positive enthusiasm around the sport of swimming for all levels of development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Coach the entire competitive swim program. This includes but is not limited to developing a swim program that is technically and developmentally age appropriate for both water and dryland training and that allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential. Able to place each registered swimmer into practice groups based on age and ability of the swimmer.
● Create, coordinate, and implement swim team practice and meet schedules
● Recruit, retain, supervise, and mentor effective coaching staff; observes practices and provides feedback to staff; plans and directs staff meetings
● Maintain a healthy professional relationship with the Board, collaborating on strategic planning, marketing, vision, goals, fundraising endeavors, and other key initiatives in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Swim Club
● Lead swimmer recruitment/retention efforts for all swim groups
● Decide on which meets the team will participate in during Short Course and
Long Course seasons and will submit meet entries
● Build meaningful relationships with members, parents, and participants; help members connect with one another and to the Swim Club
● Ensure that all team operations organized and completed in a timely and organized manner. Communication to the swimmers, parents, board, and community members are addressed in a timely and professional and age-appropriate manner
● Ensure the safety of swimmers at practice by following precautions and regulations
● Give swimmers knowledge to understand and master strokes allowing for movement up through the swim team groups
● Pursue training, certifications, and continuing development as they relate to the program and position responsibilities
● Demonstrated USA Swim Club Coaching experience
● Strong ability to effectively communicate with members, parents, and community partners
● Ability to respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in emergency situations
● Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and travel
● Advanced coaching experience with competitive swimmers of multiple age groups and ability levels in a USA Swimming setting.
● Experience (typically 6 months or more) with swim club administration including budgeting, supervision, team travel, scheduling, policy development, and other responsibilities related to swim club management.
● Supervisory Experience (typically 6 months or more).
● Experience using Team Unify swimming team management program.
● Experience using Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager.
● Experience using a swimming timing system (i.e., Daktronics, CTS, Omega, etc.)
● 4-year college degree preferred
Required Certifications (These are the responsibility of the coach to keep current)
● Current CPR, First Aid, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches. Certifications that are deemed acceptable by USA Swimming for coaches’ safety certification required
● Athlete Protection Training
HOW TO APPLY Application Process
Interested applicants should submit resume; a letter of interest outlining coaching philosophy; and three professional references to:
Patrick Henry President/Executive Director Swim Coach Staffing Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org
All inquiries and submitted resumes will be confidential. Finalist must be able to pass USA Swimming coach background checks.
Desired start date is August 2022. Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience.