ATTENTION COACHES AND SWIMMERS
SUNDAY, September 26, 2021
Smith Mountain Lake State Park
1235 State Park Road
Huddleston, VA 24104
2021 ISCA East Coast Open Water Championship is a little over a month away. We are excited for what could be the best Open Water Swim on the east coast! We moved the location this year from Mariner’s Landing to, just down the road, Smith Mountain Lake State Park. We will be able to accommodate more parking, better viewing, and the availability to have a bigger event. There will be food, ice-cream, music and fast swimming. We want you and your team to be part of it.
This is a great way to create a team bonding weekend to kick-off your short course season. Our goal is to have 1.000 swimmers, which is double of what we had last year, which was close to 500. To make it a success, we need YOU! We have age-group events, and adult events. There is a category for everyone. Please put on your suit and join us for a fun-filled day with great swimming.
There are many hotels in the area, and also Airbnb and VRBO properties in the area to accommodate individuals and teams. For any questions or help, please contact the ISCA Office at (540) 904-2666, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1/2 Mile: 9 & Under Only
- 1-Mile: 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50 & Over
- 5K: 12 & Under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50 & Over
- 8:00 a.m. Volunteer Meeting
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Men’s 5K Event Registration
- 9:00 a.m. – Safety Meeting
- 9:30 a.m. – Men’s 5K Start
- 10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Women’s 5K Event Registration
- 11:30 a.m. – Women’s 5K Start
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Men’s/Women’s 1/2 Mile Registration
- 12:15 – 1:00 p.m. Men’s/Women’s 1- Mile Registration
- 1:00 p.m. – Men’s/Women’s 1/2 Mile Start
- 1:30 p.m. – Men’s/Women’s 1-Mile Start
A HUGE thank you to all our volunteers and helping us make this event successful!! It is all of you that will make that goal become an accomplishment. With that, we are extremely grateful for your hard work and diligence to come. If you are interested in volunteering, please let us know!!! Without you, our events could not be successful!
Kayakers, Paddle Boarders, or any other volunteers should all be on the premises for an 8:00 a.m. Volunteer Meeting, and 9:00 a.m. Safety Meeting. For additional information, please reach out to David Jolley at David@swimisca.org.
or contact ISCA’s main office at (540) 906-2666 or Doug Fonder at (540) 397-0505
Please visit our Event Page for updates and information